The present church is not imposed immediately to the visitor's view, since the thickening of houses in this part of the old town, but it turns out the elegance of its facade almost suddenly, along a narrow alley. Probably built on the ancient building of Roger, it was begun in the late fifteenth century and completed towards the end of the next. The statement is to the west face as he used to be for all the churches built in this period, affiche the rising sun, penetrating through the windows of the apse, enlighten immediately Great altar cross. In the central area of the facade can be seen on top the magnificent Gothic large rose window, Renaissance, carved in the local hard stone; the triple crown, with vine shoots, figures of prophets, encloses a large stained-glass window bearing the painting at the center a rounded goblet. There are three entrances, the two sides of the eighteenth century and the invoice dated 1532 Central.
Coming from the main entrance is imposed to the eye of the visitor the majesty of the Temple who, despite having been built at different times and with different styles, showing harmony and good taste. The local stone walls, left exposed after restoration bought a warm hue over time, almost golden, very suggestive. The plant has a Latin cross, is divided into five aisles of different elevation. The two outer were born as independent chapels, put into communication by internal doorways. The nave, much higher than the side ones, is supported by twelve columns with capitals and bases in leaves, alternately, with dolphins and masks representing the four ages of man on which rest slender arches.
Examining the external right aisle we find the sixteenth-century art of the Baptistery chapel. The Basque is one of the local hard stone block, bears the figures of Christ and the Twelve Apostles all around sculpted, supported by a solid column at the base reads the date 1534 and its cockpit mask.
In the apse it is on the high altar in inlaid marble, built in 1791 and dedicated to SS. Trinity. In 1970 it was placed on the presbytery a modern altar made of walnut, inlaid and carved with the scene of the Last Supper, a valuable work of the craftsman Manduria Vincenzo Sammarco. The ancient altar contains 14 statues in golden local stone later.
Adjoining the sacred building, there is the Campanile. The restoration of 1927, did not bring to light elements relevant to a proper dating and interpretation of the monument. The stylistic elements make back its construction to the first half of the fifteenth century, although illustrious scholars think, however, is the work of the twelfth century or even before the rise of the Church, perhaps used as ancient military or civilian Tower.
The Campanile, as it appears today, is the obvious result of two parts: the oldest part is visible in the first two floors,
decoratively and stylistically consistent, the last-three plans are from a later period.
In fact, the external façade of the nave windows, displays of curvilinear frames that are similar to those that surround the top of the windows of the first two orders of the Campanile.
Like all Apulian bell towers, is square and is divided into five overlapping planes from a cornice.Tale frame is decorated with masks, hippogriffs and various columns. Other columns decorate the edges together with balconies, a single and double windows.
This tower in 1928 was released from the top of which ended with a bizarre gothic shaped pinnacles, superimposed in 1851, the disfigured and not hamper the static.